Join us for CyberSmart 2017
As cybersecurity grows as a significant global challenge, the growing gap between Canada’s cyber workforce demand and supply offers our country both a challenge and an opportunity. CyberSmart 2017 will convene leaders from industry, academia and government to identify and discuss priorities for a Canadian cybersecurity education and workforce development strategy.
Message from the Co-Chairs
Cybersecurity is one of the most important issues for Canada’s business, government and society as a whole. Regardless of where we live, work and play our lives can be impacted. CyberSmart 2017 is the first annual summit specifically designed to promote collaboration between industry, academia, government and youth in identifying the key actions required for a national cybersecurity workforce development strategy that will:
- Promote Canadian awareness of cybersecurity threats as well as opportunities.
- Close the gap between Canada’s cybersecurity workforce supply and demand.
- Identify and build consensus on national education and training standards and a workforce development framework.
- Directly engage some of Canada’s youth in the development of a national cybersecurity education and workforce strategy.
- Build national networks in cybersecurity education and workforce development.
- Recognize Canadian leaders in cybersecurity education and workforce development.
We know that by working together we will all achieve more and move faster. We very much look forward to bringing people together for these important conversations.
John Kershaw and Heather MacLean
Our two-day event has been specifically designed to promote dialogue and maximize opportunities for collaboration in identifying the actions required to move forward on a Canadian Cybersecurity Education and Workforce Development Strategy. By convening cybersecurity thought leaders from across Canada we will all have the opportunity to identify both the challenges and opportunities as well as share existing best practices that can be applied to Canada.
Download the Agenda (PDF format).
Keynotes & Speakers
– Rodney Petersen, Director of the National Initiative for Cybersecurity Education (NICE), United States;
– Namir Anani, President & CEO, Information and Communications Technology Council (ICTC), Canada;
– Peter Henschel, Deputy Commissioner, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Specialized Policing Services.
– Stephen Lund, CEO, Opportunities NB;
– Colleen Merchant, Director General of the National Cyber Security Directorate, Public Safety Canada;
– Allen Dillon, Managing Director, CyberNB;
– John Kershaw, Director, CyberSmart, CyberNB;
– Ken Taylor, President, International Cyber Security Protection Alliance – Americas;
– Chris Treadwell, Assistant Deputy Minister of Education and Early Childhood Development (EECD);
– Jamie Rees, Senior Cybersecurity Strategist, NB Power and Chair on the ICTC National Cyber Security Leadership Council on Youth and Education;
– Sandra Saric, Vice-President, Talent Innovation, ICTC (Information and Communications Technology Council);
– Ron Fabela, Solutions Architect, Dragos, Inc.;
– Ronald Bushar, Vice President for Global Government and Executive Director for Services Innovation, Mandiant.
- Canada’s Cybersecurity Workforce Training Requirements: Industry and Customer Perspective (Darryl Esau, Director of Education Services, Bulletproof; Sandy Bird, CTO for IBM Security)
- The Canadian Institute for Cybersecurity (Dr. Ali Ghorbani, Director of the Canadian Institute for Cybersecurity)
- Canada’s Multi-disciplinary Model for Cybersecurity
- A Digital Literacy Strategy for Public Education
The CyberSmart Summit is pleased to have the Crowne Plaza Fredericton as the conference host hotel.
Crowne Plaza Fredericton
659 Queen Street, Fredericton, NB E3B 1C3
Conference Preferred Rate:
$144.00 single/double occupancy
$10.00 additional per person
+ 15% HST
Book your room online at the conference rate (Crowne Plaza Hotel Online Reservations).
Toll Free In-House Number: 1-866-444-1946
Hotel Direct Number: 1-506-455-3371
Reservations email: email@example.com
Please quote the Group Code CyberSmart Summit in order to receive the conference rate.
The conference room rates will be available at the Crowne Plaza Hotel until May 5, 2017. Rooms are offered on a “first-come, first-serve” basis. Reservation requests made after May 5th will be accepted on a space and rate availability basis. It is strongly recommended that you make your hotel reservations early.
Fredericton Convention Centre (across the street):
Prices are plus 15% HST
– Full Delegate Registration: $750.00 or $450.00 for one day pass (Wednesday or Thursday).
– Full Academia: $500.00 or $300.00 for one day pass (Wednesday or Thursday).
(Academia: employees working in Post-Secondary institutions (Professors / Admin, etc.)
– Student: $150.00 full registration or $100.00 for one day pass (Wednesday or Thursday).
(Student ID will be required to be shown at the door).
Registration Deadline & Cancellation Policy
Registration closes at 5:00 pm on Tuesday, May 16, 2017.
Cancellations received on or before Friday, May 5, 2017 are eligible for a 50% refund. Any cancellations after this date are not eligible for a refund. Registrations are transferable and notification must be received in writing 5 days prior to the event. Please send notifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org.